This course gives you the opportunity to build upon your existing privacy knowledge to build a privacy management program and manage privacy risk within your organisation. You will explore how to approach best-practice and scalable privacy risk management techniques underpinned by compliance frameworks.
Is this course right for you?
This course is designed for Privacy Officers with a working knowledge of the privacy principles in Australia, who would like to keep up to date and further improve their capability to manage their organisation’s privacy obligations. Eligible for 6 Continuing Privacy Education points (1 point per hour) for CIPM.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the breadth of responsibilities of a Privacy Officer,
- Develop and implement relevant resources and tools to build a privacy management program for your organisation,
- Realise the benefits of applying a privacy by design approach, and
- Be equipped to apply practical mitigation strategies to manage privacy risks.
Building the Privacy Program in your Organisation
- Privacy principles refresher and GDPR update
- Role of the Privacy Officer
- Taking a comprehensive privacy best-practice approach
- Understanding and managing your data
- What constitutes a comprehensive Privacy Management Program
- Being prepared if things go wrong, including data breach notification
Privacy Risk Management
- Understanding Privacy by Design
- Privacy impact assessments
- Identifying and mitigating privacy risks in practice
Salinger Privacy is a market leader in privacy training, consulting and pragmatic compliance tools. Salinger Privacy was established in 2004 by one of Australia’s foremost privacy experts on privacy law and practice, Anna Johnston. Salinger Privacy has delivered training on behalf of the Australian, NSW and Victorian Privacy Commissioners, and the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Australia / New Zealand.
This training will be facilitated by Andrea Calleia, our Privacy Learning Manager. Andrea has extensive experience in the learning and development field, and has specialised in developing and delivering privacy training since 2003. Andrea managed the education program for the NSW Privacy Commissioner’s Office, and on behalf of Salinger Privacy facilitates Privacy Officer training for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
One day interactive workshop approach, focused on practical strategies, group discussion and activities, supported by presentation of relevant frameworks. This course is limited to 25 participants, to ensure a high quality and interactive learning experience.
- Comprehensive course notes,
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea,
- The benefits of learning in an environment which includes being able to share first hand experiences and questions with privacy-experienced peers, and
- Access to our expert facilitator.
Sydney, Tuesday 10 March 2020, 9am-5pm – REGISTER NOW
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN ANOTHER DATE OR LOCATION: please contact our Learning Manager Andrea Calleia and indicate your preferred city for training. We will let you know of future dates as they become available.