Salinger Privacy is pleased to offer a range of online eLearning solutions which you can offer to specific individuals in key roles, as part of an induction program, or roll out to all staff across your organisation.
Our training content is based on what works. The privacy messages to be delivered to you and your staff have been carefully crafted by our professional trainers, with the benefit of over 15 years’ experience in delivering privacy training, for clients across government, business and not-for-profit sectors. And because we are privacy specialists, our content is kept up-to-date with the latest developments in both the law and technology.
The benefits of eLearning include flexibility of timing so staff can participate in training at a time that suits them; flexibility of location; the ability to include new staff at the time of their induction; and the option to centrally monitor completion rates and staff performance.
Salinger Privacy offers the following online privacy training programs:
Privacy Compliance and Awareness Training
A pay-per-user privacy compliance training program suitable for staff at all levels. Choose either:
- Privacy Act compliance training – for staff of businesses and federal government agencies regulated by the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), or
- Privacy awareness training for NSW public sector agencies – for staff of NSW public sector agencies (State government, local councils, and public universities in NSW) regulated by the PPIP Act and HRIP Act.
We can also deliver Privacy Compliance Training for your organisation in two other modes:
- Branded – flat-fee; perfect if you have 200+ users but don’t want the cost of customisation, or you need your training program ready now
- Customised – customised with content and scenarios specific to your organisation’s needs; it takes a little longer, but this option is tailored just for you
Privacy Professionals Training
Our Privacy Professionals Training is a series of topic-specific eLearning modules designed for privacy officers, privacy advisors, risk and compliance professionals, and anyone else interested in privacy law and practice. Buy just the topics you need, or bundle up all 11 modules for 12 months’ worth of professional development.
- Privacy Essentials for Small Business – for owners and managers of small businesses operating in Australia: how to establish a privacy compliance program for your business, and the fundamentals of how the privacy principles apply in practice
- Privacy Essentials for Researchers and Data Scientists – specialist training to help you understand and manage the privacy risks when collecting, analysing, linking and sharing data about people, for research, evaluation or data analytics
- Privacy Essentials for Medical Practices – for medical professionals and practice managers: an overall awareness of their legal obligations, how to avoid common causes of data breaches, and the steps needed to build a privacy compliance program for a medical practice
- Privacy for IT Professionals – for information technology professionals: appreciate the intersection between privacy and information security, understand the practical application of privacy law when designing IT systems, and learn how to turn abstract privacy principles into technology design strategies, to achieve Privacy by Design
Bespoke eLearning Solutions
Training programs built just for you. As an example, we partnered with the AMA to design and build an online privacy compliance training module, which was accredited by the RACGP and ACRRM for continuing professional development for those in the medical profession.
Likewise, for IAB Australia, we developed a bespoke training program, to help people who work in the media, marketing and advertising industries understand the essentials of privacy law and practice. The AdTech industry is experiencing rapid technological change, new data protection legislative regimes with trans-national reach, and intense regulatory scrutiny both here and abroad. IAB Australia wanted to offer their members a clear but comprehensive training program to help address the need for professional learning around privacy law requirements. We developed a series of short videos, which were then combined to form a single eLearning program.
Contact us to discuss your training needs: call our Director of Learning, Andrea Calleia, on 0459 021 796.
Answers to your most likely questions, including pricing and tech queries, can be found in our eLearning FAQs. Information about sharing, licensing, copyright etc for all our resources can be found in our Terms of Service.