We offer in-house tailored privacy training on a range of topics, to clients across Australia.
While social distancing rules are in place, we have switched from in-person delivery to ‘live virtual’ so everyone can participate remotely. Contact us to discuss your options.
Our standard privacy awareness program, which is suitable for staff across all roles, is delivered as a half-day interactive session for up to 25 participants at a time. It covers what privacy means and why it matters, an overview of the legislation applying to your organisation, understanding the information life cycle, applying the privacy principles in practice, and preventing and handling privacy complaints. We use engaging case studies and fun activities to promote learning. This training is suitable to raise awareness of privacy obligations, whether as a component of staff induction or a broader compliance program across your organisation.
In addition to general privacy awareness training suitable for all staff, our specialist seminars and workshops include topics such as:
- Privacy Risks and Working Remotely
- Data Breach Response workshops
- Privacy by Design – strategies for influencing business process design and solution architecture
- Privacy Risk Management – identifying and mitigating privacy risk in project management
- Privacy Impact Assessment – workshops on how to conduct a PIA
- Privacy Management in Practice – establishing a comprehensive privacy management program within your organisation
- Interactive simulation exercises – experiential workshops on response, decision-making and reflection on approaches to real life privacy scenarios, and
- Privacy & Research – privacy obligations for researchers, academics, research support staff, and members of human research ethics committees.
Our training clients have included:
- Companies such as QANTAS, Sage Software, Minter Ellison Lawyers, Lorica Health, Berkeley IT, MedicalDirector, Marathon Health and Marcus Evans
- Australian government agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, ACCC, ASIC, the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the Inspector-General of Taxation & Taxation Ombudsman, and AgriFutures Australia
- State government agencies including the NSW Department of Customer Service, NSW Department of Education, Transport for NSW, the NSW Ministry of Health, the Centre for Health Record Linkage, Service NSW, NSW Department of Finance, Services & Innovation, Fire & Rescue, the State Library, Motor Accidents Authority, Lifetime Care & Support Authority, Landcom and the NSW Anti-Discrimination Board
- universities including USyd, UTS, WSU, UoN and UoW
- local councils including Ryde, Marrickville, Great Lakes and Federation Councils
- peak/membership/industry bodies such as the Australian Human Resources Institute, Medical Software Industry Association and FINSIA
- non-profits such as PRAXIS, Northside Community Forum and Western NSW Medicare Local, and
- privacy regulators and other privacy bodies such as the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, Privacy Victoria, the International Association of Privacy Professionals, and judicial members of the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal.
Contact our Director of Learning, Andrea Calleia, to discuss your training needs: call Andrea on 0459 021 796 or get in touch by email.