Salinger Privacy was established in 2004 by one of Australia’s foremost privacy experts.
We offer a range of privacy resources including template policies and procedures, eLearning and face-to-face compliance training options, and privacy consulting services.
Our clients come from government, the non-profit sector and businesses across Australia. No matter what sector you are in, we believe that privacy protection is essential for your reputation. In everything we do, we aim to demystify privacy law, and offer pragmatic solutions – to help you ensure regulatory compliance, and maintain the trust of your customers.
Salinger Privacy is:
- on the Australian Government’s Privacy Services Provider Panel for Privacy Impact Assessments, privacy advice, and privacy training
- a fully pre-qualified supplier to the NSW Government; under the NSW Prequalification Scheme ‘Performance and Management Services’ (SCM0005), Salinger Privacy can be engaged, with no value limit, for business performance reviews and risk management advisory services, such as PIAs and privacy audits
- an approved supplier on the Victorian Government’s eServices Register
- an approved seller on the Australian Government’s Digital Marketplace, in relation to our Compliance Kits and privacy training solutions
- an Official Training Partner of the International Association of Privacy Professionals
Check out our Training Calendar for all our up-coming courses including live streaming options, as well as eLearning modules you can do anytime.
New eLearning modules: Privacy Professionals Training, which is a series of topic-specific eLearning modules designed for privacy officers, privacy advisors, risk and compliance professionals, ICT teams, and anyone else interested in privacy law and practice. Buy just the topics you need, or bundle up all 10 for 12 months’ worth of professional development.
Following release of the latest OAIC guidance on what constitutes a ‘high risk’ project requiring a PIA, we have updated our Privacy Impact Assessment Framework. Our Framework means you can build an internal PIA procedure fast. Templates include a revised PIA procedure, a new Risk Rating methodology, an updated Threshold Assessment to reflect the latest OAIC and EDPB guidance, and a simplified format for our comprehensive Privacy Risk Assessment Questionnaire. Plus the template PIA Report has extra sections on meeting community expectations, and assessing privacy harms.
We have also updated our template Data Breach Response Plan, to reflect the new breach notification requirements for Australian organisations which do business in New Zealand, which will start on 1 December 2020. Find all these and more in our Comprehensive or Premium Privacy Law Compliance Kits.
Don’t miss: coming up in November we have the CIPT certification course plus our final programs for 2020: our popular specialist privacy training programs, all ‘live virtual’: Privacy Officer Essentials and PIAs+Privacy Design. And on 18 November our Director of Learning, Andrea Calleia, will present on ‘Privacy Essentials for HRECs’ at the free Queensland Human Research Ethics Training Conference Online.
Fresh on the Salinger Privacy blog page: The Data-Sharing Dilemma unpacks the Data Availability and Transparency (DAT) Bill; and Putting a Price Tag on Privacy reviews the implications of new pay-for-privacy business models.
Subscribe to our newsletter (below) to receive our award-winning blogs in your inbox.
Salinger Privacy in the news
See members of the Salinger Privacy team featured in podcasts, videos, and other media.