Salinger Privacy was established in 2004 by one of Australia’s foremost privacy experts. We offer privacy consulting and advisory services, as well as a range of privacy resources, eLearning and face-to-face privacy training options.
Our clients come from government, the non-profit sector and businesses across Australia. No matter what sector you are in, we believe that privacy protection is essential for your reputation. In everything we do, we aim to demystify privacy law, and offer pragmatic solutions – to help you ensure regulatory compliance, and maintain the trust of your customers.
Salinger Privacy is:
- on the Australian Government’s Privacy Services Provider Panel for Privacy Impact Assessments, privacy advice, and privacy training
- a fully pre-qualified supplier to the NSW Government; under the NSW Prequalification Scheme ‘Performance and Management Services’ (SCM0005), Salinger Privacy can be engaged, with no value limit, for business performance reviews and risk management advisory services, such as PIAs and privacy audits
- an approved supplier on the Victorian Government’s eServices Register
- an approved seller on the Australian Government’s Digital Marketplace, in relation to our Compliance Kits and privacy training solutions
- an Official Training Partner of the International Association of Privacy Professionals
Check out our Training Calendar for all our up-coming courses including live virtual options, as well as eLearning modules you can do anytime.
In case you missed it: we’ve made available the video of our Masterclass in Data, Privacy and Ethics. For Privacy Awareness Week 2021 we ran this 1 hour free webinar on how organisations can best make decisions about secondary data use, which are legal, ethical, and respectful of your customers.
Out now: May edition of PPIPA in Practice. Unlock a wealth of knowledge from over 475 NSW privacy cases, and find out why our subscribers refer to our annotated guide as their ‘bible’. Now in its 15th year of publication.
News flash! We have just launched 13 new sector-specific solutions to your privacy compliance needs. Whether you just want the basics for a start-up, need advice about a particular risk area, or want to build a complete privacy management program, we have expert guidance and pragmatic tools to suit. Check out our brand new range of Compliance Kits.
OUT NOW! Our brand new eBook Algorithms, AI, and Automated Decisions – A guide for privacy professionals offers a plain language guide and practical framework to use when assessing algorithmic systems for privacy-related risks and harms.
We have also updated our FREE Privacy Officer’s Handbook to reflect the latest guidance. Download your copy today.
We have updated our comprehensive Privacy Risk Assessment Questionnaire, which can be applied to projects or business units across your organisation to help teams self-identify any privacy risks, gaps or weaknesses. The Questionnaire now includes extra topics to assess if your project includes AI or other algorithmic systems. See our PIA Pack or the ‘Everything…’ Compliance Kit for your sector.
Fresh on the Salinger Privacy blog page: Cat or carrot? looks at how to assess the privacy risks from algorithmic decisions; How to earn your social licence explores the role of trust in project design; while Not too much identity technology, and not too little delves into the design of vaccine ‘passports’.
Subscribe to our newsletter (below) to receive our award-winning blogs in your inbox.
Salinger Privacy in the news
See members of the Salinger Privacy team featured in podcasts, videos, and other media.