Salinger Privacy was established in 2004 by one of Australia’s foremost privacy experts.
We offer a range of privacy resources including template policies and procedures, eLearning and face-to-face compliance training options, and privacy consulting services.
Our clients come from government, the non-profit sector and businesses across Australia. No matter what sector you are in, we believe that privacy protection is essential for your reputation. In everything we do, we aim to demystify privacy law, and offer pragmatic solutions – to help you ensure regulatory compliance, and maintain the trust of your customers.
Salinger Privacy is:
- on the Australian Government’s Privacy Services Provider Panel for Privacy Impact Assessments, privacy advice, and privacy training
- a fully pre-qualified supplier to the NSW Government; under the NSW Prequalification Scheme ‘Performance and Management Services’ (SCM0005), Salinger Privacy can be engaged, with no value limit, for business performance reviews and risk management advisory services, such as PIAs and privacy audits
- an approved supplier on the Victorian Government’s eServices Register
- an approved seller on the Australian Government’s Digital Marketplace, in relation to our Compliance Kits and privacy training solutions
- an Official Training Partner of the International Association of Privacy Professionals
Check out our Training Calendar for all our up-coming courses including live streaming options, as well as eLearning modules you can do anytime.
Our Principal Anna Johnston joined other panelists for IAB Australia’s end-of-year webinar predicting what the Privacy Act Review will bring us in 2021. (If you’re looking for our submission to the review of the Privacy Act, you can find it here.)
We also updated our template Data Breach Response Plan, to reflect the new breach notification requirements for Australian organisations which do business in New Zealand, which started on 1 December 2020. Find all these and more in our Comprehensive or Premium Privacy Law Compliance Kits.
Starting off 2021 with a bang, we have a swag-load of new resources for you: new templates to help you conduct an in-house privacy audit of your organisation (check out our Privacy Audit Survey and Privacy Audit Report), a Checklist of Common Privacy Risks and Controls, and a guide to Privacy, Marketing and Cookies. (You can find them all in our value-packed Privacy Law Compliance Kits.)
Plus the 2021 edition of our FREE Privacy Officer’s Handbook is out now!
Fresh on the Salinger Privacy blog page: What’s in store for privacy law in Australia? outlines likely scenarios for the 2021 review of the Privacy Act; Location, location, location reviews the proliferation of apps which collect location data (and what can be done about it); The Data-Sharing Dilemma unpacks the Data Availability and Transparency (DAT) Bill; and Putting a Price Tag on Privacy reviews the implications of new pay-for-privacy business models.
Subscribe to our newsletter (below) to receive our award-winning blogs in your inbox.
Salinger Privacy in the news
See members of the Salinger Privacy team featured in podcasts, videos, and other media.