Salinger Privacy was established in 2004 by one of Australia’s foremost privacy experts.
We offer a range of privacy resources including template policies and procedures, eLearning and face-to-face compliance training options, and privacy consulting services.
Our clients come from government, the non-profit sector and businesses across Australia. No matter what sector you are in, we believe that privacy protection is essential for your reputation. In everything we do, we aim to demystify privacy law, and offer pragmatic solutions – to help you ensure regulatory compliance, and maintain the trust of your customers.
Salinger Privacy is:
- on the Australian Government’s Privacy Services Provider Panel for Privacy Impact Assessments, privacy advice, and privacy training
- a fully pre-qualified supplier to the NSW Government; under the NSW Prequalification Scheme ‘Performance and Management Services’ (SCM0005), Salinger Privacy can be engaged, with no value limit, for business performance reviews and risk management advisory services, such as PIAs and privacy audits
- an approved supplier on the Victorian Government’s eServices Register
- an approved seller on the Australian Government’s Digital Marketplace, in relation to our Compliance Kits and privacy training solutions
- an Official Training Partner of the International Association of Privacy Professionals
Check out our Training Calendar for all our up-coming courses including live streaming options, as well as eLearning modules you can do anytime.
New eLearning modules: Privacy Professionals Training, which is a series of topic-specific eLearning modules designed for privacy officers, privacy advisors, risk and compliance professionals, ICT teams, and anyone else interested in privacy law and practice. Buy just the topics you need, or bundle up all 10 for 12 months’ worth of professional development.
We have this month released updates to our Privacy Impact Assessment Framework, so you can build an internal PIA procedure fast. Templates include a revised PIA procedure, a new Risk Rating methodology, an updated Threshold Assessment to reflect latest OAIC and EDPB guidance, and a simplified format for our comprehensive Privacy Risk Assessment Questionnaire. Plus the template PIA Report has extra sections on meeting community expectations, and assessing privacy harms. Find all these and more in our Comprehensive or Premium Privacy Law Compliance Kits.
Out now: Edition 14.2 of ‘the bible’ of NSW privacy law, our annotated guide PPIPA in Practice, covering case law up to 31 July; and Edition 5 of Conducting Workplace Surveillance, a practical guide for every employer in NSW. Plus Edition 4 of our popular eBook, Demystifying De-identification, and an updated 2020 edition of our free Privacy Officer’s Handbook!
Fresh on the Salinger Privacy blog page: Privacy is a Public Good argues that privacy is not really private, but a shared experience, where the actions of one can negatively affect the whole; and Re-thinking Transparency is a deep dive into the deficiencies of notice and consent, and three proposals to better deliver privacy protection. Subscribe to our newsletter below to receive our award-winning blogs in your inbox.
Salinger Privacy in the news
See members of the Salinger Privacy team featured in podcasts, videos, and other media.