A live virtual program, delivered across two webinars
This course gives you the opportunity to build upon your existing privacy knowledge to structure and prioritise a privacy management program relevant for your organisation. You will explore how to approach best-practice privacy management techniques underpinned by internal compliance frameworks.
Is this course right for you?
This course is designed for Privacy Officers with a working knowledge of the privacy principles in Australia, who would like to keep up to date and further improve their capability to manage their organisation’s privacy obligations.
This training can be undertaken as a standalone course, or combined with the PIAs and Privacy Design course which follows shortly after. (Or if you need to learn the basics first, start with our online Privacy Act compliance training or our Privacy Law Fundamentals small group workshop.)
Eligible for 4 Continuing Privacy Education points (1 point per hour) for CIPM.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the breadth of responsibilities of a Privacy Officer
- Develop and prioritise a fit for purpose privacy management program for your organisation, and
- Be equipped to create practical resources and tools to build a privacy compliant culture
- Building the Privacy Program in your organisation
- Privacy principles refresher and GDPR update
- Role of the Privacy Officer
- Taking a comprehensive privacy best-practice approach
- Understanding and managing your data
- What constitutes a comprehensive Privacy Management Program
- Being prepared if things go wrong, including data breach notification
Salinger Privacy is a market leader in privacy training, consulting and pragmatic compliance tools. Salinger Privacy was established in 2004 by one of Australia’s foremost privacy experts on privacy law and practice, Anna Johnston. Salinger Privacy has delivered training on behalf of the Australian, NSW and Victorian Privacy Commissioners, and the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Australia / New Zealand.
This training will be facilitated by Andrea Calleia, our Director of Learning. Andrea has extensive experience in the learning and development field, and has specialised in developing and delivering privacy training since 2003. Andrea managed the education program for the NSW Privacy Commissioner’s Office, and on behalf of Salinger Privacy facilitates Privacy Officer training for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Two live virtual, interactive webinars of two hours each. Total course length is 4 hours.
Each live virtual session includes discussions and activities focused on practical strategies supported by relevant frameworks. Learning activity included in-between the two webinars, supporting work-based application of the learning.
Each session will be limited to 20 participants, to ensure a high quality and interactive learning experience. To participate in the webinars you will need a stable internet connection, and the ability to participate in a webinar using audio (e.g. headphones with mic) in a quiet space.
This training can be undertaken as a standalone course, or combined with the PIAs and Privacy Design course which follows.
- Comprehensive course notes
- The benefits of learning in an environment which includes being able to share first hand experiences and questions with privacy-experienced peers
- Access to our expert facilitator
This course is spread across two dates. You must be able to attend both dates:
- Day 1 of 2 – Mon 7 February 2022 – 9:30-11:30am AEDT
- Day 2 of 2 – Wed 9 February 2022 – 9:30-11:30am AEDT
$450 + GST
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN ANOTHER DATE: please contact our Director of Learning Andrea Calleia or sign up to our newsletter. We will let you know of future dates as they become available.