A live virtual program, delivered in a single morning.
This course gives you a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of privacy law and how to apply the privacy principles in your organisation. Through an interactive half day training session you will explore what privacy means and why it matters, an overview of the Australian Privacy Principles, applying the privacy principles in practice, and preventing and handling privacy complaints.
Is this course right for you?
This course is designed for all staff, across all roles who aim to increase their privacy knowledge and practical ability to apply privacy compliance within their organisation. It is suitable as part of an induction program for new staff, or individuals who are commencing as a Privacy Officer within their organisation.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the meaning of privacy and why it matters
- Outline the meaning of ‘personal information’
- Be familiar the scope of the privacy laws in Australia, and
- Have knowledge of, and the ability to apply the privacy principles in practice.
- what privacy means
- why it matters
- an overview of the legislation within Australia
- understanding the information life cycle
- applying the privacy principles in practice
- preventing and handling privacy complaints
Salinger Privacy is a market leader in privacy training, consulting and pragmatic compliance tools. Salinger Privacy was established in 2004 by one of Australia’s foremost privacy experts on privacy law and practice, Anna Johnston. Salinger Privacy has delivered training on behalf of the Australian, NSW and Victorian Privacy Commissioners, and the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Australia / New Zealand.
This training will be facilitated by Andrea Calleia, our Director of Learning. Andrea has extensive experience in the learning and development field, and has specialised in developing and delivering privacy training since 2003. Andrea managed the education program for the NSW Privacy Commissioner’s Office, and on behalf of Salinger Privacy facilitates Privacy Officer training for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
A live virtual, interactive webinar of 3.5 hours. Online delivery utilising GoToWebinar technology.
Each live virtual session includes discussions and activities focused on practical strategies, group discussion and activities, supported by presentation of relevant frameworks.
Each session will be limited to 20 participants, to ensure a high quality and interactive learning experience. To participate in the webinar you will need a stable internet connection, and the ability to participate in a webinar using audio (e.g. headphones with mic) in a quiet space.
- Comprehensive course notes
- The benefits of learning in an environment which includes being able to share first hand experiences and questions with fellow participants, and
- Access to our expert facilitator.
- Wednesday, 26 August 2020 – 9:00am – 12:30pm
$450 + GST
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN ANOTHER DATE: please contact our Director of Learning Andrea Calleia or sign up to our mailing list at the bottom right of this page. We will let you know of future dates as they become available.