This course gives you a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of privacy law and how to apply the privacy principles in your organisation. Through an interactive half day training session you will explore what privacy means and why it matters, an overview of the Australian Privacy Principles, applying the privacy principles in practice, and preventing and handling privacy complaints.
Is this course right for you?
This course is designed for all staff, across all roles who aim to increase their privacy knowledge and practical ability to apply privacy compliance within their organisation. It is suitable as part of an induction program for new staff or individuals who are commencing as a Privacy Officer within their organisation.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the meaning of privacy and why it matters
- Outline the meaning of ‘personal information’
- Be familiar the scope of the privacy laws in Australia, and
- Have knowledge of, and the ability to apply the privacy principles in practice.
- what privacy means
- why it matters
- an overview of the legislation within Australia
- understanding the information life cycle
- applying the privacy principles in practice
- preventing and handling privacy complaints
Salinger Privacy is a market leader in privacy training, consulting and pragmatic compliance tools. Salinger Privacy was established in 2004 by one of Australia’s foremost privacy experts on privacy law and practice, Anna Johnston. Salinger Privacy has delivered training on behalf of the Australian, NSW and Victorian Privacy Commissioners, and the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Australia / New Zealand.
This training will be facilitated by Andrea Calleia, our Director of Learning. Andrea has extensive experience in the learning and development field, and has specialised in developing and delivering privacy training since 2003. Andrea managed the education program for the NSW Privacy Commissioner’s Office, and on behalf of Salinger Privacy facilitates Privacy Officer training for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Half-day interactive workshop approach, focused on practical strategies, group discussion and activities, supported by presentation of relevant frameworks. This course is limited to 25 participants, to ensure a high quality and interactive learning experience.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea
- The benefits of learning in an environment which includes being able to share first hand experiences and questions with fellow participants, and
- Access to our expert facilitator.
Sydney, Thursday 14 May 2020, 9am-12.30pm – EVENT POSTPONED DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC; NEW DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER IN 2020.