A live virtual program, delivered across two webinars.
Creating effective collection notices, consent requests, privacy policies and other communications ensures your organisation cultivates a reputation of transparency and trust with your customers, whilst also ensuring legal compliance.
This course gives you the opportunity to build upon your existing privacy knowledge to explore best practices on what privacy artefacts are required, in which situations, and how to prepare them.
Is this course right for you?
This course is designed for Privacy Officers with a working knowledge of the privacy principles in Australia, who would like to keep up to date and further improve their capability to manage their organisation’s privacy obligations.
This training can be undertaken as a standalone course. (Or if you need to learn the basics first, start with our online Privacy Act compliance training or our Privacy Law Fundamentals small group workshop.)
Eligible for 4 Continuing Privacy Education points (1 point per hour) for CIPM.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Prepare fit for purpose collection notices and consent terms for your organisation, and
- Be equipped with a range of written resources and tools to build and maintain a reputation of open and compliant information handling practices.
- Understanding the difference between notice and consent
- When consent is and is not needed
- The importance of privacy policies and collection notices
- Best practice tips on what must be included and common pitfalls to avoid
- Drafting plain language collection notices to work in each situation
- Building a suite of privacy artefacts relevant to your organisation
Salinger Privacy is a market leader in privacy training, consulting and pragmatic compliance tools. Salinger Privacy was established in 2004 by one of Australia’s foremost privacy experts on privacy law and practice, Anna Johnston. Salinger Privacy has delivered training on behalf of the Australian, NSW and Victorian Privacy Commissioners, and the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Australia / New Zealand.
This training will be facilitated by Andrea Calleia, our Director of Learning. Andrea has extensive experience in the learning and development field, and has specialised in developing and delivering privacy training since 2003. Andrea managed the education program for the NSW Privacy Commissioner’s Office, and on behalf of Salinger Privacy facilitates Privacy Officer training for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Two live virtual, interactive webinars of two hours each. Total course length is 4 hours.
Each live virtual session includes discussions and activities focused on practical strategies, group discussion and activities, supported by presentation of relevant frameworks. Learning activity included in between the two webinars, supporting work-based application of the learning.
Each session will be limited to 20 participants, to ensure a high quality and interactive learning experience. To participate in the webinar you will need a stable internet connection, and the ability to participate in a webinar using audio (e.g. headphones with mic) in a quiet space.
- Comprehensive course notes
- The benefits of learning in an environment which includes being able to share first hand experiences and questions with fellow participants, and
- Access to our expert facilitator.
Monday 17 + Wednesday 19 October 2022, 10am – noon AEDT each day.
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST: Contact Andrea Calleia by email or on 0459 021 796 to express your interest, or to enquire about running this program in-house. We will let you know of future dates as they become available; or add yourself to our mailing list to receive all updates.