Thursday 4 April 2019
This webinar, by leading privacy practitioner Anna Johnston, will offer privacy practitioners an overview of the new European privacy law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In addition to her 14 years of experience providing privacy advice to clients in Australia, Anna is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E), and the author of GDPR in a Nutshell and 10 Steps Towards GDPR Compliance.
Register for this webinar and gain an understanding of the practical steps you can take towards GDPR compliance.
This webinar will assist you to:
- identify if and when the GDPR applies to your organisation
- appreciate how the Data Protection Principles and Data Subject Rights map to Australian privacy principles
- understand the interaction between GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive, in relation to email marketing and cookies
- articulate to your C-suite their management responsibilities under GDPR, and
- develop an action plan for your organisation.
Presented by our Director Anna Johnston, who is acknowledged as one of Australia’s foremost experts on privacy law and practice. With qualifications in law, public policy and management, and more than 20 years’ experience in legal, policy and research roles, Anna brings a breadth of perspectives and a wealth of experience to dealing with privacy and data governance issues.
Facilitated by our Privacy Learning Manager Andrea Calleia. Andrea has extensive experience in the learning and development field, and has specialised in privacy training since 2003 when she managed the education program for the NSW Privacy Commissioner’s Office. Andrea brings her privacy expertise through her work with the Federal and state-based regulators and can translate this into a pragmatic approach to balancing privacy compliance with everyday practicalities. Andrea manages our eLearning program and delivers most of our face to face training.
Thursday 4 April 2019
Midday – 1pm AEDT*
Cost: A$99 including GST
* The webinar starts at 2pm in New Zealand, 12 noon Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne, 11am Brisbane, or 9am Perth.
Please note registrations close 12 hours before the webinar.
If you are interested in other webinar topics or would like us to deliver a webinar for your organisation, please contact us.