Our online Privacy Essentials for Small Business eLearning program is designed for people working within, or advising, a small business operating in Australia. The content is relevant for owners and directors of a business, as well as managers responsible for privacy compliance.
Your customers will have high expectations about how your business manages their data, and protects their privacy. Small businesses face legal and reputational risks from data breaches and privacy breaches, which is why a solid understanding of how to establish a privacy compliance program for your business is so important.
This eLearning program has been carefully crafted by our professional trainers, with the benefit of over 15 years’ experience in delivering privacy training.
Expert and interactive content, effective learning
- developed by the market leaders in privacy training and advice
- clear explanations, visual aids and interactive eLearning content
- integrated quizzes to focus attention
- a 10-question assessment on completion, to test understanding
- successful participants receive a Certificate of Completion
About this module
What this module covers
This module provides participants with an awareness of their legal obligations and the steps needed to implement a comprehensive privacy compliance program within their business.
On completion of this module, participants will understand:
- the meaning of privacy, and why it matters within a small business environment
- how the privacy principles apply in practice
- what are the typical privacy compliance and data breach risk areas for small businesses
- the steps needed to build a privacy compliance program
- how to respond to privacy-related requests and incidents, and
- the compliance documentation you need to have available.
Why this module is important
Businesses operating in Australia are regulated by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the notifiable data breach scheme under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). However privacy protection is about more than just your legal obligations, as protecting the personal information of your customers and staff is essential to maintaining the reputation of your business.
Who this module is for
As well as owners of a small business, this module will help management and operational staff understand their legal obligations, and equip them to better protect personal information and avoid data breaches.
If you are a health practice manager or medical professional please instead see our Privacy Essentials for Medical Practices eLearning program.
Terms of service
$150 + GST for 28 days access per user.
(Alternatively, access to this eLearning Module is included in our Essential SME Paperwork suite of resources.)
As a guide, this module takes 45-60 minutes to complete.
Further information about sharing, licensing, copyright etc for all our eLearning modules can be found in our Terms of Service.
This is a pay-per-user program. We can offer bulk enrolment and discounted per-user pricing if you have more than ten staff to complete this program in the same time period. For more information about multi-user licences, or other questions about pricing or the technology used, please see our FAQs about our eLearning modules.
Alternatively we can tailor a program with bespoke content: see our Customised Privacy eLearning Program.