Our online Privacy Professionals Training program is designed to be suitable for people in professional roles, who need a deeper understanding of, or wish to develop their professional expertise in, one or more aspects of privacy management, privacy law, or privacy topics in practice.
By ‘Privacy Professionals’ we mean people who need to understand and apply privacy law or data protection rules in different situations. This can include not only someone in a designated ‘privacy officer’ role, but also IT project managers, system designers and solution architects, lawyers, audit and risk professionals, and governance and compliance managers.
A comprehensive program of specialised modules
Starting in 2017, we are rolling out a series of specialised modules, which together will create a comprehensive professional development program. The program has three streams:
- Privacy Management
- Privacy Law
- Privacy in Practice
You are able to work through one of the streams module by module, or pick and choose which modules best suit your own professional development needs.
For example, someone new to the Privacy Officer role might want to start with the Privacy Management stream of modules, and work their way through the entire program. An IT project manager or risk officer might want to jump straight to modules 301 and 302 in the Privacy in Practice stream, which cover how to identify and then resolve privacy risks in projects. And a lawyer might want to work their way through the Privacy Law stream.
Each module is fast, interactive and effective
Our training content is carefully crafted by our team of privacy consultants and professional trainers. This is certainly not ‘tick-a-box’ generic compliance training.
And because we are privacy specialists, our content is kept up-to-date with the latest developments in both the law and technology.
Each module features:
- clear explanations, visual aids and an interactive style of eLearning content
- content developed by the market leaders in privacy training and advice
- integrated quizzes to focus attention
- a comprehensive randomised 10-question assessment on completion of each module, to test understanding
- successful participants receive a Certificate of Completion
Privacy Professionals Training: program outline
The highlighted modules are available now. To access one of the modules, simply click on the name of the module below. (Or for greater value, you might like to bundle them up with other resources as part of one of our new Compliance Kits.)
- Privacy Management 101: An Induction to the role of Privacy Officer
- Privacy Management 102: Components of a Privacy Management Program
- Privacy Management 104: Drafting a Data Breach Response Plan
- Privacy Management 105: Data Breach Notification – coming soon
- Privacy Management 106: Handling Privacy Complaints
- Privacy Law 201: Introduction to Australian privacy law – see our Privacy Awareness Training module, which covers:
- What is privacy
- The scope of privacy laws in Australia
- The meaning of ‘personal information’
- Privacy Notices, Consent and Capacity
- The APPs
- Privacy Law 211: The impact of GDPR on Australian organisations – coming soon
- Privacy Law 221: NSW Workplace Surveillance Act – in the meantime see our eBook on this topic
- Privacy in Practice 301: Identifying privacy risks in projects
- Privacy in Practice 302: Resolving privacy risks in projects
- Privacy in Practice 303: Third party contractors and out-sourcing issues
- Privacy in Practice 304: Cloud computing issues
- Privacy in Practice 310: Intro to Privacy & Research – coming soon
- Privacy in Practice 311: Demystifying De-identification – coming soon, but in the meantime see our eBook on this topic
- Privacy in Practice 312: Big Data and privacy issues – coming soon, but in the meantime see our eBook on this topic
- Privacy in Practice 320: Intro to Privacy & Information Security – coming soon
- Privacy in Practice 321: Data classification as a tool for privacy compliance
- Privacy in Practice 330: Privacy and Marketing
- Privacy in Practice 331: Privacy in the Education Sector
- Privacy in Practice 332: Privacy in the Health Sector
- Privacy in Practice 333: Privacy in the Finance Sector
We are in the process of designing and developing the other modules in this professional development suite. Please sign up to find out when new online training modules become available. And please do contact us to let us know which modules you would like made available next, or if there is a particular topic you would like us to cover.
Answers to your most likely questions, including pricing and tech queries, can be found in our eLearning FAQs. Information about sharing, licensing, copyright etc for all our eLearning modules can be found in our Terms of Service.