Specialist training to help you understand how privacy obligations apply when outsourcing or using the cloud.
Why this module is important
Modern privacy laws, including the Australian Privacy Act, tend to include a cross-border disclosure rule. This doesn’t mean that off-shoring, outsourcing or cloud computing are completely off-limits – but there are traps for the unwary.
What this module covers
From this eLearning module you will gain a practical overview of the law, and its application in practice.
This eLearning module will help you understand:
- when the Cross-Border Disclosure rules do (and don’t) apply, including to cloud computing
- the privacy risks to avoid when outsourcing, and
- the steps to ensure compliance during procurement and contract negotiations with third party suppliers, vendors or contractors.
Who this module is for
All our online Privacy Professionals Training eLearning modules are designed for privacy officers, privacy advisors, risk and compliance professionals, ICT teams, and anyone else interested in privacy law and practice. This module is suitable for organisations regulated by the Australian Privacy Act 1988, or NSW or Victorian privacy law.
This eLearning module comprises a recorded webinar, a handout, links to further resources, and a comprehensive assessment leading to a Certificate of Completion. The webinar was presented by leading privacy practitioner Anna Johnston. As a guide, this module takes around 60 minutes to complete.
Bite-sized professional development
- clear explanations of specialist areas of privacy law and practice
- developed by the market leaders in privacy training and advice
- a comprehensive randomised 10-question assessment on completion, to test understanding
- successful participants receive a Certificate of Completion
This module is part of the Privacy Professionals Training series, but can also work as a standalone topic.
Terms of service
$150 + GST for 28 days access per user.
Or upgrade to:
- the Managing Third Party and Data Security Risk package for extra resources, or
- get access to all the modules in the Privacy Professionals Training series for only $600 + GST.
Further information about sharing, licensing, copyright etc for all our eLearning modules can be found in our Terms of Service.
This is a pay-per-user program. We can offer bulk enrolment and varied pricing if you have more than ten staff to complete this program in the same time period. For more information about multi-user subscriptions, or other questions about pricing or the technology used, please see our FAQs about our eLearning modules.