Specialist training to help you understand the notifiable data breach scheme in Australia, and know how to respond to a data breach.
Why this module is important
With the introduction of the Notifiable Data Breach scheme, organisations across Australia have been taking proactive steps to prevent or respond to potential data breaches. However there is still a lot of confusion about what exactly constitutes an ‘eligible data breach’, when and how to notify individuals, and how organisations should prepare and respond.
What this module covers
From this eLearning module you will gain an understanding of:
- what constitutes an eligible data breach
- who to notify and how, and
- a practical guide to preparing a Data Breach Response Plan so your organisation is ready to respond quickly and effectively.
Who this module is for
All our online Privacy Professionals Training eLearning modules are designed for privacy officers, privacy advisors, risk and compliance professionals, ICT teams, and anyone else interested in privacy law and practice. This module is suitable for organisations regulated by the Australian Privacy Act 1988, and others covered by the NDB scheme (all employers in Australia).
This eLearning module comprises a recorded webinar, links to further resources, and a comprehensive assessment leading to a Certificate of Completion. The webinar was presented by our Director of Learning Andrea Calleia. As a guide, this module takes around 60 minutes to complete.
Bite-sized professional development
- clear explanations of specialist areas of privacy law and practice
- developed by the market leaders in privacy training and advice
- a comprehensive randomised 10-question assessment on completion, to test understanding
- successful participants receive a Certificate of Completion
This module is part of the Privacy Professionals Training series, but can also work as a standalone topic.
Terms of service
$150 + GST for 28 days access per user.
Or upgrade to:
- the Data Breaches & Privacy Complaints kit for extra resources, or
- get access to all the modules in the Privacy Professionals Training series for only $600 + GST.
Further information about sharing, licensing, copyright etc for all our eLearning modules can be found in our Terms of Service.
This is a pay-per-user program. We can offer bulk enrolment and varied pricing if you have more than ten staff to complete this program in the same time period. For more information about multi-user subscriptions, or other questions about pricing or the technology used, please see our FAQs about our eLearning modules.