Specialist training to help information technology professionals to understand privacy law; and to help privacy professionals understand how information security fits in with privacy obligations.
Why this module is important
This eLearning module is to help people who work in IT to understand their privacy legal obligations, and how they can apply technical and organisational solutions to achieve privacy compliance.
What this module covers
Using plain language and common sense examples, this eLearning module will assist you to:
- appreciate the intersection between privacy and information security – as well as where the two disciplines differ
- understand the practical application of privacy law when designing IT systems, and
- learn how to turn abstract privacy principles into technology design strategies, to achieve Privacy by Design.
Who this module is for
All our online Privacy Professionals Training eLearning modules are designed for privacy officers, privacy advisors, risk and compliance professionals, ICT teams, and anyone else interested in privacy law and practice. This module is suitable for all jurisdictions and sectors. It doesn’t matter which privacy law applies to your organisation.
This eLearning module comprises a recorded webinar, links to further resources, and a comprehensive assessment leading to a Certificate of Completion. The webinar was presented by leading privacy practitioner Anna Johnston. As a guide, this module takes around 60 minutes to complete.
Bite-sized professional development
- clear explanations of specialist areas of privacy law and practice
- developed by the market leaders in privacy training and advice
- a comprehensive randomised 10-question assessment on completion, to test understanding
- successful participants receive a Certificate of Completion
This module is part of the Privacy Professionals Training series, but can also work as a standalone topic.
Terms of service
$150 + GST for 28 days access per user.
Or upgrade to get access to all the modules in the Privacy Professionals Training series for only $600 + GST.
Further information about sharing, licensing, copyright etc for all our eLearning modules can be found in our Terms of Service.
This is a pay-per-user program. We can offer bulk enrolment and varied pricing if you have more than ten staff to complete this program in the same time period. For more information about multi-user subscriptions, or other questions about pricing or the technology used, please see our FAQs about our eLearning modules.