Specialist training to help you understand the basics of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why this module is important
The GDPR has set a global benchmark for privacy and data protection laws, and has extra-territorial reach into Australia.
What this module covers
From this eLearning module you will gain an understanding of the practical steps you can take towards GDPR compliance.
Using plain language and common sense examples, this eLearning module will assist you to:
- identify if and when the GDPR applies to your organisation
- appreciate how the Data Protection Principles and Data Subject Rights map to Australian privacy principles
- understand the interaction between GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive, in relation to email marketing and cookies
- articulate to your C-suite their management responsibilities under GDPR, and
- develop an action plan for your organisation.
Who this module is for
All our online Privacy Professionals Training eLearning modules are designed for privacy officers, privacy advisors, risk and compliance professionals, ICT teams, and anyone else interested in privacy law and practice. This module is suitable for all jurisdictions and sectors. It doesn’t matter which privacy law applies to your organisation.
This eLearning module comprises a recorded webinar, links to further resources, and a comprehensive assessment leading to a Certificate of Completion. The webinar was presented by leading privacy practitioner Anna Johnston. In addition to her 15 years of experience providing privacy advice to clients in Australia, Anna is a Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe (CIPP/E), and the author of GDPR in a Nutshell and 10 Steps Towards GDPR Compliance. As a guide, this module takes around 60 minutes to complete.
Bite-sized professional development
- clear explanations of specialist areas of privacy law and practice
- developed by the market leaders in privacy training and advice
- a comprehensive randomised 10-question assessment on completion, to test understanding
- successful participants receive a Certificate of Completion
This module is part of the Privacy Professionals Training series, but can also work as a standalone topic.
Terms of service for online purchase
$150 + GST for 28 days access per user.
Or upgrade to:
- the GDPR Bundle for extra GDPR resources for $300 + GST, or
- get access to all the modules in the Privacy Professionals Training series for only $600 + GST.
As a guide, this module takes around 60 minutes to complete.
This is the online purchase, pay-per-user option. Contact us if you instead want to enrol 5 or more users from the one organisation, and benefit from regular reporting back on staff progress.
Information about sharing, licensing, copyright etc for all our eLearning modules can be found in our Terms of Service. For other questions about pricing or the technology used, please see our FAQs about our eLearning modules.