Our online Privacy Essentials for Medical Practices eLearning program is designed for medical professionals and practice managers. The content is based on a module we designed for the AMA, which was previously CPD-accredited by the RACGP and ACRRM.
This eLearning program has been carefully crafted by our professional trainers, with the benefit of over 15 years’ experience in delivering privacy training, including for numerous clients in the healthcare and aged care sectors.
Expert and interactive content, effective learning
- developed by the market leaders in privacy training and advice
- clear explanations, visual aids and interactive eLearning content
- integrated quizzes to focus attention
- a 10-question assessment on completion, to test understanding
- successful participants receive a Certificate of Completion
About this module
What this module covers
This module provides participants with an overall awareness of their legal obligations, how to avoid common causes of data breaches, and the steps needed to build a privacy compliance program for a medical practice.
On completion of this module, participants will understand:
- the meaning of privacy, and why it matters to the management of medical practices
- the scope of the legal obligations applying to medical practices
- how the privacy principles apply in practice in a healthcare setting
- how to address the typical data breach risks found in medical practices
- the steps needed to build a privacy compliance program, and
- the compliance documentation you need to have available.
Why this module is important
All health service providers in Australia are regulated by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). But privacy protection is about more than just your legal obligations: protecting your patients’ health information is essential to maintaining the reputation of your practice.
Who this module is for
As well as practice managers, this module will help both medical professionals and administrative staff understand their legal obligations, and equip them to better protect health information and avoid data breaches.
Terms of service
$150 + GST for 28 days access per user.
As a guide, this module takes 45-60 minutes to complete.
Further information about sharing, licensing, copyright etc for all our eLearning modules can be found in our Terms of Service.
This is a pay-per-user program. We can offer bulk enrolment and discounted per-user pricing if you have more than ten staff to complete this program in the same time period. For more information about multi-user licences, or other questions about pricing or the technology used, please see our FAQs about our eLearning modules.
Alternatively we can tailor a program with bespoke content: see our Customised Privacy eLearning Program.