Specialist training to help you understand the basics of de-identification, and manage the privacy risks.
Why this module is important
The GDPR and privacy regulators around the world are raising the profile of de-identification as a useful tool for protecting data and enabling privacy compliance, but many privacy practitioners feel intimidated by the mysterious maths and statistics. Meanwhile researchers and data scientists need advice about whether their de-identification plans will meet obligations under privacy law.
If you want to understand how de-identification fits into privacy or data protection law, a simple illustration of how each different technique works, and a plain language overview of the strengths and weaknesses to factor into risk assessment considerations, this eLearning module is for you.
What this module covers
From this eLearning module you will gain an understanding of what de-identification means (in law, and in practice), how de-identification works (and when it doesn’t), and the different methods, with their relative strengths and weaknesses.
Using plain language and common sense examples, this eLearning module will assist you to:
- improve your data literacy – speak the language of data scientists, researchers and statisticians
- critically analyse the privacy risks of projects involving data sharing or data analytics, and
- identify which de-identification approaches to use when, to protect personal information.
Who this module is for
All our online Privacy Professionals Training eLearning modules are designed for privacy officers, privacy advisors, risk and compliance professionals, ICT teams, and anyone else interested in privacy law and practice. This module is suitable for all jurisdictions and sectors. It doesn’t matter which privacy law applies to your organisation.
This eLearning module comprises a recorded webinar, a handout, links to further resources, and a comprehensive assessment leading to a Certificate of Completion. The webinar was presented by leading privacy practitioner and the author of Demystifying De-identification, Anna Johnston. Anna has presented workshops about de-identification at conferences from Sydney to Cambridge, winning praise for her pragmatic and skills-building approach. As a guide, this module takes around 60 minutes to complete.
Bite-sized professional development
- clear explanations of specialist areas of privacy law and practice
- developed by the market leaders in privacy training and advice
- a comprehensive randomised 10-question assessment on completion, to test understanding
- successful participants receive a Certificate of Completion
This module is part of the Privacy Professionals Training series, but can also work as a standalone topic.
Terms of service for online purchase
$150 + GST for 28 days access per user.
Or upgrade to:
- the De-Identification Bundle for extra de-identification resources for $300 + GST, or
- get access to all the modules in the Privacy Professionals Training series for only $600 + GST.
As a guide, this module takes around 60 minutes to complete.
This is the online purchase, pay-per-user option. Contact us if you instead want to enrol 5 or more users from the one organisation, and benefit from regular reporting back on staff progress.
Information about sharing, licensing, copyright etc for all our eLearning modules can be found in our Terms of Service. For other questions about pricing or the technology used, please see our FAQs about our eLearning modules.