Tools + guidance to assess privacy risks in new projects
Who this is for
Organisations which want to use a Privacy Impact Assessment methodology for assessing privacy risks in new projects.
What is included
- Template: Privacy Impact Assessment Framework (includes Privacy Risk Assessment Questionnaire)
- Template: PIA Report
- Checklist: Common Privacy Risks & Controls
- Checklist: Risks to avoid when selecting and configuring CRM systems
- eBook: Algorithms, AI, and Automated Decisions – A guide for privacy professionals
- eLearning Module: Identifying Privacy Risks in Projects
- eLearning Module: Resolving Privacy Risks in Projects
- eLearning Module: PIA eLearning Module
How to use these resources
Privacy Impact Assessment is a fantastic methodology for assessing the potential privacy risks of new projects, but organisations often struggle with implementation, such as clarifying when and how PIAs should be done.
Start with the template Privacy Impact Assessment Framework, which is a Word document with instructions on what information to fill in where, to help you establish a Privacy Risk Assessment Procedure, customised for your organisation. It includes:
- a five-step procedure, allowing low-risk projects to be reviewed quickly, while higher-risk projects proceed to a more comprehensive PIA
- a Threshold Privacy Assessment questionnaire
- a Risk Rating Table and simple methodology, and
- a comprehensive Privacy Risk Assessment Questionnaire, which can be applied to projects or business units across your organisation to help teams self-identify any privacy risks, gaps or weaknesses. The Questionnaire includes extra topics to assess if you are regulated by the GDPR.
Then when it comes time to conduct a PIA on a project, follow your new procedure including applying the questionnaire, follow the template PIA Report to structure your assessment, and review the Checklist of Common Privacy Risks & Controls.
If a project to be assessed involves AI, algorithms or automated decision-making, also incorporate an Algorithmic Impact Assessment by following the included guide: Algorithms, AI, and Automated Decisions – A guide for privacy professionals.
This Kit also includes relevant training modules to help you understand PIAs, identify privacy risks in projects, and how to use Privacy Design Strategies to resolve them.
Buy Now $2000 +GST
Keeping your resources up-to-date
Privacy compliance considerations are changing all the time. We update our resources whenever there is a change in the legislation, a fresh interpretation of the law, new regulatory guidance or a significant new policy which should be reflected in our materials. So you can buy a Compliance Kit with confidence that the resources included reflect the current state of play.
Then if things change in the future? You can update to the latest version of the same Kit at a quarter of the price. Past customers should contact us to receive their 75% discount code before purchasing a new version of their Kit.
Quick, expert privacy advice, when you need it.
Privacy Helpdesk is our informal advisory service, in which we can review your draft privacy-related documents, or provide ad-hoc advice on privacy questions as they arise. Choose from 3, 6 or 10 hours of advice time over a 6 month period.
Privacy Helpdesk hours can be added when you purchase a Compliance Kit.
3 hours Privacy Helpdesk $1,650
6 hours Privacy Helpdesk $3,000
10 hours Privacy Helpdesk $4,500
See our Terms of Service for more.