- Future of Privacy Forum Panel – Our Principal Anna Johnston joined the FPF weekly panel to discuss her new paper: Individuation. Approx 16 min discussion, starting 28:30mins in. July 2020.
- Privacy Landscape 2020 – Our Principal Anna Johnston presented for IAB Australia on the current regulatory landscape: local and global developments, and how they will impact AdTech. May 2020.
- Are we all on the same page when we talk about privacy? – The entire Salinger Privacy team got in on the act in this roleplay which illustrates some of the common misunderstandings which occur between teams when talking about privacy. May 2020.
- GDPR 6 months on – Our Director Anna Johnston chaired a panel of privacy regulators from the UK, Germany and USA at the International Privacy Forum in Wellington, New Zealand. December 2018.
- A Roadmap to Compliance – Our Director Anna Johnston offers a 2 minute overview of the steps needed for organisations to prepare for data breach notification and GDPR compliance. April 2018.
- Changes to Privacy Law – Our Director Anna Johnston and our Associate Steve Wilson in a long-form interview about data breach notification, GDPR, Privacy by Design, community attitudes towards privacy, PIAs and more. 90 mins for BenchTV subscribers, in two parts. April 2018.
- Talking HealthTech – Our Director Anna Johnston in conversation with Peter Birch about privacy challenges and solutions for those building tech for the healthcare sector. October 2019.
- National Identity – Our Director Anna Johnston appeared on the AusTTA Government Transformation podcast, in conversation with Anne Lyons, Visiting Fellow at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, about the implications for privacy and security highlighted in her paper, Identity of a Nation. Hosted by John Lawrance, March 2019.
- Perspectives on Privacy – Our Director Anna Johnston appeared on the ABC Radio Future Tense program, arguing that we need to re-think the scope of privacy laws to include the concept of individuation. October 2017.
- Five questions about the government’s new coronavirus app – our Principal Anna Johnston was interviewed by the ABC about how to design a contact tracing app for COVID-19 in a privacy-preserving way. April 2020
- Govt AI ethics ignore our laws – our Principal Anna Johnston was interviewed about the new ethical principals for artificial intelligence released this month by the Department of Industry. November 2019
- Privacy by Design – our Privacy Learning Manager Andrea Calleia had an article published in HR Monthly, about the privacy risks and challenges facing human resources professionals. August 2019
- Our Director Anna Johnston was interviewed for the Communications Law Bulletin, about law, tech, ethics, AI, GDPR, community expectations, data breaches and more. (CAMLA members only for now, open access later; see edition 38(2)). June 2019
- Political parties should be stripped of Privacy Act exemptions after hack: experts – Our Director Anna Johnston was interviewed by the SMH/The Age about the implications for democracy of the political parties’ exemption from the Privacy Act, in the wake of recent cyberattacks. February 2019. And more in April 2019: Democracy at stake.
- Political parties should be stripped of Privacy Act exemptions – Our Director Anna Johnston appeared on the ABC Radio National Breakfast program, discussing the implications for privacy, security and democracy of the political parties’ exemption from the Privacy Act, in the wake of the latest cyber attack. February 2019.
- Data breach; privacy breach? – Our Director Anna Johnston appeared on the ABC Radio National AM program, talking about data breaches and the My Health Record system. August 2018.
- Data sharing laws under spotlight – A submission prepared jointly with other members of the privacy profession was quoted in this review of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Issues Paper on the proposed Data Sharing & Release Bill. August 2018.
- The GDPR: A perspective from Down Under – At the conclusion of her period as a Visiting Scholar at the School of Law Science Technology & Society, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, our Director Anna Johnston was interviewed by the Brussels Privacy Hub about the global effects of the GDPR. June 2018.
- New GDPR privacy laws triggering data emails – An interview with ABC Online to explain the impacts of the GDPR. May 2018.
- Why The Facebook Scandal Impacts You More Than You Think – Our Director Anna Johnston was invited to write an op-ed for the launch of TenDaily. May 2018.
- Census 2016: Upsetting the delicate balance – Our Director Anna Johnston appeared on the ABC Radio National Breakfast program, arguing that the plans for data from the 2016 Census have upset the delicate balance between anonymity and valuable data. August 2016.